Wednesday 22 February 2012

Lazy I-need-to-go-food-shopping brunch...

11am, starving, what can I have for brunch? Oh, good, we have eggs, that's fine I can have... oh, we have no bread.  That's okay, I have one garlic and coriander pitta bread in the freezer... will that taste weird? Is there anything in the salad tray that needs using up?

This is the kind of thought process that leads me to the majority of my meals, and the one that led me to this brunch creation today...

Lazy I-need-to-go-food-shopping brunch

One pitta bread (mine was garlic and coriander, but any kind will suffice)
Handful of rocket
Half of a red pepper
75g sliced mushrooms
Two soft-boiled eggs

I think this is a very self-explanatory breakfast, but nonetheless:

(skip this first step if using fresh pitta breads and not cheating with a frozen one like me!)
(1)  Pop pitta bread in the microwave for 30 seconds to defrost
(2)  Bring a saucepan of water to the boil
(3)  Finely slice peppers and mushrooms and fry with a splash of sunflower oil
(4)  Add two eggs to the pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, slightly longer if you want them hard-boiled instead
(5)  Put the pitta bread in the toaster for a minute or two to warm and crisp up
(6)  Pile up your toasted pitta, rocket, sliced peppers and mushrooms, slice your eggs in half and balance on top with a sprinkling of salt and pepper
(7)  Tuck in.


 
xoxo la dolce eater.


No comments:

Post a Comment